5.29.2013

Prayer 5.29

God,

I was always taught that certainty was a result of faith, but the more I have explored this faith, the less certainty I have found.

Can I hear your voice within the noise of doubt?

The people who were most certain and most confident were always the role models of faith. These were the people that we all knew had a special kinship with you. We all wanted to become more certain so we could become closer to you.

Can I see your face a midst the fog of uncertainty?

I haven't had certainty about anything since I was a kid and even then I think I was forcing it. You have left so much room for questions and the answers all sound like manifestations of insecurity. So, no; I am not certain of much.

Is elusiveness a characteristic of your divinity?

Lord, I believe. Please help my unbelief.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About