5.30.2013

Mother

Mom, I can't do this anymore. I'm done.

Oh, come on now, honey. Things are different this time. You'll see. 

You say that every time.

Oh, but this time is different. I have got myself in a very good place. You should see the new house.

I don't want to see the new house. I don't want to see the old house.

This new one, is really something. We have swingsets for the kids and even a pool. Bring your sweet kids by. They will love the new house!

No, Mother! Stop it!

Oh, sit down and don't be so dramatic. 

How can you afford all this stuff, anyway? You have all these houses, you drive a BMW...

Why are you so worried about money? Do you need some money? Here, let me get my checkbook. 

No, stop it. Don't. I do not want your money.

You never minded taking it before. 


That was then, this is now. The strings that you attach are brutal, Mother.

Oh, there are never strings attached, my dear. But you have those sweet little children. They have needs and since you've left you haven't been doing so well, I would bet. 

You can't buy me back, Mother. I'm done. It is worth it to be free of you.

Very well. Have you heard from your Father? ... Well? Have you?

Mother...don't

No? Well, we hear from Him all the time. Your brothers and sisters all gather to hear from him and speak with him. While you, you're off on your own and just can't seem to get in touch. If you want to communicate with your Father, then you'll need to come back home. 

He will be in contact with me soon. I'm sure. I don't need to come back home to hear from him. And stop kidding yourself. You just parrot the same cliche messages at home and turn them into meaningless drivel.

No. They are messages from your Father!

All those things that Father has to say and he always forgets the other men? Really? He is okay with what you are doing?

I'm leaving. I only came to welcome you back home, not to be judged and attacked. You are welcome back home whenever you would like to come back. 

What? So you can kick me out all over again? No thanks. I want to hear from Father and I have a feeling your chaos has kept me from that for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About